Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Mise-en-Scene

What is Mise-en-Scene?

Mise-en-scene is everything that is put together in the film to give off the feeling of eeriness, happiness, or whatever the author wants to portray. To put it simply mise-en-scene is, the sound, cinematography, colors chosen, position, literally everything and how it fits into to film/scene to tell a story and give the the viewer is feeling watching the clip.

Background Research

Design-setting, props, lighting, and actors.
composition-the organization, distribution, balance, and general relationship of actors and objects
props-weapons, phone, wand etc, it is a prop that has purpose to the character and story
sometimes light is used to separate between worlds but usually to make mood(ex. red can mean romance but on the flip side can mean death same with blue, it can mean passion or cold/distant this all just depends on how you use it and with certain context)

For example you would not make mystery overly funny or a rom-com overly sad with dark colors 

Content application

I watched the videos and wrote down notes. To fully understand mise-en-scene we did a project to capture mise-en-scene in a picture and going back to the notes I took and took a picture on what I had I also had put what I found into an excel. Everything I done was specifically lighting, cinematography, sound, and how props can play into mise-en-scene.

Reflection

I knew that the everything such as hair, costume, sound, lighting etc all went into mise-en-scene. I want to know if characters words fall into mise-en-scene or is it just props and lighting. I learned that almost everything you see plays into mise-en-scene and have all delicately been put there to enhance the feeling you should be getting from a film. It's almost unreal broken down seeing how much and deliberate everything is.



References/sources

What is Mise-en-scene powerpoint and video
 
https://www.careersinfilm.com/mise-en-scene/
https://.studiobinder.com/blog/mise-en-scene/


No comments:

Post a Comment

finial production

  I would like to that my teacher for teacher for teach me all I know about cinematography, mise-en-scene, editing and sound so that I had t...