Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Cinematography

  


 What is cinematography?

What exactly is cinematography and how is it used? Well, cinematography can be broken into parts, but basically cinematography is used in angles and shots to build depth and tension in a shot/character. That's what makes it so useful it can portray emotion without the words, characters, or objects.



What is your background research?

In cinematography there are several methods to arrange a shot and, as a result, communicate meaning. Whether through film or video, the spatial connection to the camera is critical in creating, sustaining, and/or changing the viewer's impression of the character and context of the shot or film. Cinematography is the decions made about the lighting, filters, position/movement, and everything going into making a shot.


Content application

I watched many videos on cinematography and read many articles on how it works. I wrote notes along with the article and videos I seen in the class and applied it to my blog. I used the sources below and referred to them multiple times to put in my notes to apply to my blog.

a while back we also used this information to make an excel and "identify shot types"

Filmmakers employ camera views and angles to assist the viewer grasp the story. These aspects are necessary for filmmakers to be able to portray key areas of the film from various perspectives. Long shot, Medium shot, and Close-up shot are the three primary types of shots that define how close or far the camera is from the subject. When developing a film or photo essay, each shot has a specific purpose. The camera angle is crucial in addition to the camera shots. Another technique to provide the viewers new viewpoints and information is to shoot a photo from a different angle.

Reflection

I know that cinematography is includes lighting, filters, position/movement, and everything else that goes into creating a shot. I would like to further my knowledge in different shots and to better identify the feel of each shot and how it ties together. I learned that each shot tells a story and each shot has a meaning to the overall film.


References/sources

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cinematography
https://filmglossary.ccnmtl.columbia.edu/term/cinematography/
https://www.nfi.edu/cinematographer/ (<favorite source)


see you next time!
 sincerely,
Kayhanah St Victor

No comments:

Post a Comment

finial production

  I would like to that my teacher for teacher for teach me all I know about cinematography, mise-en-scene, editing and sound so that I had t...