Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Scripting, Storyboarding, scheduling & Stripboard process

        First off, the reason that I made these all the  same blog is because I thing all of these coincide and are intertwined with one another      

                              Storyboard

what is a Storyboard?

A storyboard is a visual depiction of your video's shot-by-shot progression. It consists of a series of squares with graphics or photos depicting each shot, as well as comments regarding what's happening in the scene and what's being spoken in the screenplay during that shot.

My story board will consist of location like the class room, outside and in a school bus mostly because this opening is school based and I feel it would be easier for everyone to do it at school because everyone one that is needed aren't free in time for us to turn in this opening scene. We made it so that we do it at school and the shots in the same place will be taken all at the same time.

Our process


I mentioned this already but I plan on making a opening similar to  "A simple favor" where there is a scene where the characters are in the present the it flashes back to what happened then back to the present. I want my and my groups storyboard to portray that accurately. We will incorporate many different transitions shots and angles to the storyboard. The lighting will be like no exit which is a vivid cool which I incorporated while making the storyboard. 

We have a total of  9 scenes. At first this seemed easy but adding scenes and shots where surprisingly time consuming and frankly annoying to get done I like the "using my imagination" aspect although it was annoying I liked the over all experience and it actually taught me a  LOT about patience.



                                      Script

What is a script?

A script is a written document that contains the exact words you will say throughout your film or recording. It is essentially a outline.

This is it because scripts allow professionals to learn exactly how to confidently talk about the knowledge they already have. After going through the intense process of learning what the dialogue is actually saying and the meaning behind it, many will find the last step of memorization to be an easy feat.

The people within my script will be the person who will be in my film will be the 3 boys in my group because I decided to direct and film the whole think because I think I'm to stiff to act. 

You can see multiple times during in the script it says bell rings Since I cant film while the bell is ringing I have to over lap a sound of it while editing I took that into account while adding that into the script.  








all these will be shot on my iPhone 13 Pro Max on cinematic mode 98% of the time the other 2% will be shot on normal camera

                                Stripboard

The stripboard might have been the easiest thing to do in making of our opening scene since studiobinder already organized it but the most thing I'm worried about is going over time. 

I know that we only have 2 minutes and my greatest fear is going over that time and having no time to re-film. So when we were doing our strip board and putting the time for each shot I tried to make them as short as possible but I till think that it will exceed time but I will try to make it work because I think that my and my groups idea is pretty good. With the easiness of studio binder we could easily maneuver  the different scenes to change the order so that the opening made scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

finial production

  I would like to that my teacher for teacher for teach me all I know about cinematography, mise-en-scene, editing and sound so that I had t...